Tuesday, November 10, 2009

THE CON MAN'S GUIDE TO QUANTUM MECHANICS or WHAT ABOUT POST HOC ERGO PROPTER HOC, DICK?

I didn't ask for these chains to fit
I didn't ask for the end of this whip
and it's no secret
I don't believe this misery
is somehow justice for betraying a dream
but it's no secret

there's no law that says my will
has the power to attract
and that I’m solely to blame
for what I get back

dance all night because it's so easy
ask, believe, receive
but what you give ain't always what you get

these tubes and these bloody sheets
weren't invited to the party by me
and it's no secret
and how I wish that I could believe
that a thought could make this pain retreat
but it's no secret

there's no law that says my will
has the power to attract
no one gets to decide
between the cancer ward and the throne

no, I didn't ask for this
and no one deserves it

there's no key to

the universe





This song is about this idiotic book/movie:

Which became very popular thanks to this woman:

It is also about this ridiculous movie:


which features this woman:
who claims to be channeling a 35,000 year old former resident of Atlantis.

The problem with writing a song like this is that you inevitably provide the dickheads you are talking about with some much undeserved publicity*. I’ve already done this enough with the refrain that appears in the first and second verse of the song, and also through this blog entry. So to try and curb this trend, I will now use this space to direct you to some brilliantly laid out refutations and critiques of the aforementioned books/movies and their philosophies. Because, truthfully, anything I would continue to write would just be a remedial version of what these people wrote:
http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/04/what_the_bleep_.html


http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/07-03-07


http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-other-secret



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*And let's face it, any press is good press. Even if I’m calling the purveyors of this nonsense liars and con artists, I’m still spreading their message - their work is still enjoying the benefit of my attention, and yours if you're still reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment